Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

If anyone knows anything about me, they know that I was not happy with the results last night. However, though I may not agree with the results, or like the candidate, I do agree with the system. I am grateful to live in a country where I have the right to vote the way I choose, say what I want to about the candidates, and practice my religion as I see fit.
So, I voted for McCain and did everything in my power to get him elected, however I will stand behind this country's decision and I wish Obama all the best. THis country is a mess right now, so Obama needs the help of as many people as he can get, cabinet members, congress and the senate; yes even though it's a democrat majority. So Good Luck Obama, you'll need it.

As for Proposition 8, according to all Media Outlest and voting trends, it looks like it has passed and i'm extremely grateful. I believe marriage should be defined as a man and a woman. I have received a lot of criticism on Facebook for my belief in this, and have had to defend myself and my religion numerous times, which I believe is unfair, but i'm willing to stand up for what I believe in.
So...Way to go California, i'm proud of you!!!

1 comments:

Hide N Keepsakes said...

I can understand your feelings about how the country is messed up right now and that you're disappointed that McCain didn't get voted in. I agree with you 100% that Obama has some serious work to do to get our country out of the %&*#. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to vote because we just moved, but I was able to and I am grateful that I did. It is a liberty some in this world don't get.
I love you doll and hope things are going well with you and Bubba. Hugs and Kisses. The Rees'.