Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It fit 2 months ago?!?!

OK, so yesterday I wrote about how my Sister in Law got married. This made me think about my own wedding, and some of the not so Happily Ever After moments....
Let's start with, my dress not fitting the night before my wedding. Well I ordered my dress in Feb 2007 and it arrived at the very end of March, a lot faster than expected. I did a fitting and though it was tight (I kept telling myself I would lose 5 pounds, every girl does) it fit fine. So for the next 2 months, I stared at it, hanging on the back of my door in it's pretty little bag and thinking about how good it would look and how Bryan would cry at the sight of me (He didn't by the way, weirdly enough neither of us cried our wedding day) So I would try it on every once in a while, but usually by myself in my room while spinning around like a little girl. So the dress was never done up with the zipper, so I didn't realize how tight it had gotten. Well in this 2 month hiatus of me not trying on my dress, I did something most good little mormon girls do, I went on the pill. For any of you who have done this, you know that certain things start to get bigger (along with being ridiculously, cry my eyes out emotional. I'm sre there were times that Bryan questioned marrying me because of those bleeping pills).
So finally it's the night before the wedding, and my 2 best friends Brooke and Jill are staying in a bed and breakfast with me in Nauvoo. We had just gone out to dinner and are back in the room talking when I have the idea to show them what my dress looks like. So I strip down and they put the dress over my head, and they try to zip me up. Notice the word TRY...I have Jill on her knees trying to pull my under garments down and hold them tight, plus trying to pull the 2 sides together so that Brooke can try and pull the zipper up. Poor Jill's head is stuck between my larger than normal bum that i'm trying to suck in, and Brooke's bossom that is breathing heavy because of all the work of trying to get me in the dress. They both start to think this is funny and start to laugh while getting me in, that's when I break down and start to cry. It's the night before my wedding, i'm in the middle of no where Illinois, what the (insert explitive here) am I going to do.
So I call Bryan and tell him that I can't fit into my dress and to pray that I somehow miraculously loose 5 lbs. over night, and Brooke Jill and I all saying silent constant prayers that it works in the morning.
So the next morning I nervously walk to the temple, get into the Bride's Room with my mom, sister in law, Jill and her mom Char, and we all start the task of getting me into the dress. This time around, it only took about 5 minutes to get me in. I couldn't breath or sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time but it eventually fit.
So for all you married women who had a perfect day with nothing wrong. Count yourselves lucky, because some of us got slightly chunky and almost didn't fit into our wedding dress.

4 comments:

Jill said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh my ... I couldn't stop laughing just reading this! Everytimme I think about your butt in my face and Brooke right behind me I just about pee my pants! That might be one of the funniest things that has happened to me! Of course it was only funny because the dress fit the next day. Good times!

Nik English said...

This is a great story! Thanks for sharing!

WonderKitty said...

We are in the same club Molly, I didn't get my flowers. Well, I got quick back up flowers about 10 minutes before my pictures at my reception. Gotta love crazy weddings!

Unknown said...

Um that was probably the funniest thing I have ever read...I am crying I was laughing so hard! I love you and miss you like crazy. It was so good to see you at Jills party. Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!