Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear Zits

Dear Zits,

It's time we have a little discussion.

When I was 13, 14 and all the way till I was 18, I didn't mind you so much. I figured that you were a part of my maturing process. I looked around and saw that 90% of my friends had you and so I thought that you were OK. I gave you everything you wanted, I ate greasy foods, I was oily, and I lived in one of the more humid parts of the country so you could breed.

I did all of this with the hope that we would come to an understanding. I always had faith that some day, in my early 20's and definately by the time that I got married, that you would leave and find another 13 year old to live with. I never thought, back in those good old teenage years, that you would still be with me through college, that you would pop up on my lower lip the morning of my wedding, that you would come on my cruise with me, and more importantly that you would try and embarass me in front of my husband every morning. I didn't think that I would still be investing money in concealors and even more money on face washes. Well apparently I was naive. I didn't realize that this was war. That you intend to embarass me for years to come and without a doubt will appear every time I go to visit my mom, have to be in a wedding party, am taking a family photo, or have to do a big presentation for a client.

So for now it appears that we will agree to disagree. I will continue to try and end your existance and you will continue to embarass me everyday for the rest of my blemish filled life.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Molly you are so stinkin' crazy ... I love you with my whole entire heart!

anseliz said...

I have often thought I was the only one with the twenty-something acne curse. Of course, I'm nearly thirty now and still dealing with it so I might have to conjure up a slightly nastier letter. It was great to hear from you; I love out-of-the-blue internet people finding. On another note, my husband may just have me committed soon since my third complete run through of all of the Twilight books is just a few hundred pages away from being reality.