Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Olympics are here!!!!

The Olympics are here! The Olympics are here!! I'm so excited. Imagine the smile on a child's face on christmas morning when they unwrap their brand new bike....well that is me during the Olympics opening ceremonies. I sat on our couch, wrapped in a blanket and watched all 4 hours of the ceremony. Soo excited.


Now I know that some people have a problem with China and their government and so they are boycotting watching the games. Well here is what I have to say to that...first off, they are already going, there is no stopping them now so you might as well enjoy and support our team. Second, you missed one heck of a show. Those Chinese sure know how to put on an Opening Ceremony. From the very beginning, the drummers were just amazing and so in sync. If I were Chinese I would be very proud of what they accomplished. So in short, suck it up and watch.


Why are the Olympics so great? I can't even imagine the opportunity to be able to represent your country, while the whole world watches. Especially to represent the United States. In the entire history of the Modern Games, we almost double the amount of medals won by the next closest country. We are the undisputed champions when it comes to sports, and it's something to be proud of. You may not know this about me and Bryan but we are extremely patriotic. Nothing annoys me more than people who whine and complain about what a horrible country we live in. The fact that you have the right to whine and complain and bad mouth your President and not be arrested for it, shows just how great a country we do live in. You have the freedom to say, think, preach, and practice whatever you chose and i'm grateful for that. The Olympics simply reminds me of this and brings out my patriotism.

"Rawr"

So for the next 2 weeks, i'm going to sit in front of my TV and cheer on Team USA, and I hope you all do it as well.

1 comments:

The Smiths said...

Yesterday, there were 2 little boys, brothers, that were running around the park with their bikes all decorated with USA/olympic stuff, and they were chanting "U.S.A, U.S.A". I was so proud I almost cried! Go America!