Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Impromptu Vacation


So this past weekend, Bryan and I had previously decided to run up to Idaho and visit his grandparents and Greg and Whitney in Rexburg. Well on Fri, Greg informs us that they are going to Yellowstone the next day and we are welcome to join them. Completely unexpected, but sounds good. I have never been to Yellowstone(weird I know, but i'm really not an outdoorsy person, soryy) and Bryan has not been in a couple years. So we hop in the car on Fri, drive to Blackfoot and stay with grandma and then decide to head up to Yellowstone midday on Sat.

First off, that's a lot of driving, and if anyone knows me and my bladder, that's never a good thing. Plus my new car does not have cruise control..you don't realize what a luxury it is until you actually have to keep your foot on the gas the entire time. Or i'm just lazy and prefer to have my car do all the work for me.

So we get to West Yellowstone, despite Greg's swervy driving, and find out that it's not a cheap city. Not cheap at all, plus the people kinda smell. I understand that your in the "wilderness" but come on people, at least wash yourself in the river!!! So we decide to go into the park and wander around. Saw some gysers and some Elk, but no bears, which was sad, and we saw Old Faithful. Well we visited Old Faithful, didnt' really see it do anything. We arrived to late to see anything and were not willing to wait around for another hour and a half before it went off again. Everyone says it's exciting but I just don't see how exciting a bunch of water spitting out of a hole can be. Well below are a couple of the pictures from our adventure. This is Bryan pretending he doesn't know me. Thanks Honey!!


We found this cool dead tree. In this picture: Taylor, Greg, Bryan, Janica, Whitney and Me



So it was supposed to look like he was holding the water...we aren't cool enough to get that to work : )



We may not have seen it spout water, but we did see it, I even took a picture for proof



This is what Old Faithful looks like when it's not doing anything interesting or cool


MMM, the smell of Sulfer in the air

This particular pool was a hat eater. We counted quite a few hats that have been sucked to the bottom. Heck I almost wanted to jump in, something that pretty can't be THAT dangerous

Bryan touching the water and Bacteria, despite the sign that specifically says DON'T TOUCH THE BACTERIA!!

Putting our feet in the perfect water. Hot water from the thermal pools mixed with the cold water and made it perfect, if I could have stipped down and sat in the water all day, I would have. However, I think nudity is illegal in a National Park

Since we are too poor to afford a $400 bear for our living room, we take pictures instead. Those are free : )The Bear Chair. I want to take it home, except the square footage of the bear is equal to that of my apartment.

So overall it was a good trip. I am more than willing to return to Yellowstone, especially now that I know I don't have to sleep on the ground. I don't believe in camping, i'm sorry. I'm not working my butt off at work everyday to pretend i'm homeless for a couple days and go potty on a tree, i'm just not going to do it. So now I know there are hotels and that makes me happy. The only thing that could have made it better was a Target.

0 comments: