Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Sesame Street

So for those of you who didn't know, Sesame Street is celebrating it's 40th Birthday. Now, yes I realize I don't have any kids YET to watch Sesame Street and that I shouldn't have seen an episode in over 20 years but I just wanted to say how much I love that show.

When I was and people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would answer that I wanted to be Cookie Monster. It just made sense, he lived on a street with all his friends, he got to eat cookies all the time and let's be honest, to a 4 year old that is ALL that matters. Cookies and friends. I also believed that I would marry Big Bird. He was tall and popular and all the other muppets liked him and it would be cool to live in a nest.

Honstly, the day I found out that Big Bird was not real was one of the saddest days of my life, worse then the day I found out Santa was really just my dad and mom. The world just seems a little less magical knowing that these characters are just puppets. Even now I just watched a clip from the Today Show and they interviewed the guy who plays Elmo and a little piece of me died. I still want to believe that Elmo can walk and talk on his own and that every night he goes home to his little apartment where he lives with Abby Cadabby. I know i'm pathetic.

I can't wait for the day that my baby is here and we can sit down and watch Sesame Street, the baby is really just an excuse so I can watch and not feel bad about it.

So Happy Birthday Sesame Street, hope you're around at least until i'm done having kids : )

0 comments: