Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Belly Button watch day...umm...something

So I always imagined that one day, in the far future, when I was pregnant, that I would wake up one morning and my belly button would simply be sticking out. That overnight it would have had a discussion with my tummy "ok so it looks like you're running out of room here" "yeah I think it's time you head out and give me that 1 sq cm of space, because you know, this kid needs that room for his big toe" "ok, tonight at 2:36 while the pregnant lady sleeps i'll make my move"

Well, it isn't actually like that. Over the past couple of weeks my belly button has begun to creep it's way out. It's gets more and more shallow everyday and in the past couple days it has made huge advancements. The top of my belly button seems to be making it's move, so the only portion that resembles an innie is the bottome half. Like they are playing tug-o-war and one portion doesn't want to go. This whole process is very very weird. Why? Because no one should be able to look down and see the inside of their button without having to work for it and you get a closer look then you ever really wanted.

So, what's the point of this post, well to simply inform you of the weirdness of pregnany. And that I am posting my guess that by Friday of next week, with the assistance of a very large Thanksgiving Dinner, my pseudo innie will officially become an outie.

PS. So yesterday I had another Dr apt. Lil W is measuring perfectly for 26 weeks, his heartbeat is 160 and sounds great. Bad news, I had to get shot in my butt, those just suck. They don't hurt going in but sitting on them feels like I ran a marathon with only one of my butt cheeks and it's crying out for relief. I also did a blood draw yesterday for a Glucose test. Well no one told me that I shouldn't eat sugar 12 hours before, so I ate a waffle with syrup for breakfast and ice cream the night before, because that's just what baby wanted. So I failed my test, that means next week I get to go back in for 3 hours and do a blood draw each hour. I think i'm going to go find a corner, massage my right butt cheek and cry.

*update 12/1/2009* Belly button is still holding on, it's fighting the good fight

0 comments: