Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

What a huge let down


So Bryan and I went to see Where the Wild Things Are on Friday. I have been excited about this movie since I first saw a trailer, so let me tell you just how dissappointed I was when it was horrible.

First, let me say I loved the creatures, how they moved and how well they were animated. But that's just about it. I found them too scary for children, I actually had nightmares about them later that night. A little girl sitting next to us in the theatre started crying during one of the scenes.

This movie is based on a book that every child has read, ever child knows and loves; yet the movie is not for children. You should come to love the creatures, but the truth is you never fully trust them. I was always waiting for a certain wild thing to eat Max, like they did the previous king (which by the way, showing the bones of the previous king was just messed up).

So you'd think the movie is for adults, heck no. I was bored out of my mind, waiting for the story to go somewhere. Waiting for some huge life lesson or plot twist, but nope. It ended unresolved and left me completely unsatisfied.

I was so sad because the movie had so much potential, the trailers looked so good. So on my out of 4 star rating, I would give it a 1 1/2, simply because the monsters looked cool.

0 comments: