Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

I just have to keep telling myself "I love my cat"

So we have now had Tonks for 5 months.  When we first got her she was just a baby so we took her in and got her all her shots, but decided to wait on getting her spayed.  We thought we can wait since she will be an inside cat, our other 2 cats (boys) are both fixed so there's no way for her to get Preggo.  


We didn't see any problems with this, until last week.  Tonks is in HEAT.  Ohh my gosh, its HORRIBLE.  All day every day she is constantly howling, apparently she is trying to call a male kitty to give her some loving.  She also walks around with her butt up in the air, trying to persuade someone to come and have a go.  She is doing this to our 2 boy kitties, and since they don't have the equipment or desire anymore they just push her away.  Its really annoying watching her rub her bum in their faces.  And seriously, the howling, I love her but a small part of me wants to throw her out the window, or just let her outside and let some male cat have his way with her.  

The only thing that stops her from howling is for me to rub the side of her butt for a couple minutes.

Below is a pic of Tonks trying to rub her butt on Riddle, but poor Riddle just does not understand what's going on, so he just sits around and gets backed into a corner every time she tries to make a move.
So on Wednesday I am taking Tonks in to get fixed, thank goodness; it can't come fast enough.  

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

I think I just peed my pants a little. Molly, Bob Barker would be so disappointed! Oh, and your cat is a ho. Was that inappropriate?

by the way, the "word verification" that blogger gave me in order to be able to post on this topic was "gatto" Maybe it's the linguist in me, but that's kinda funny!

Unknown said...

that is hilarious, i'm sorry. Our little girl cat got fixed but for some reason still goes into heat every once and a while. She can't get prego but it is super obnoxious so i totally understand!!