Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sometimes, life is just hard

So I know that many people out there in Blog Land only ever discuss the happy times. Their date nights, cute things their kids did, how Super Duper their spouses are. Well I believe in showing the good and bad times of my life.
I will say first, that overall my life is great. I am happy and have a great marriage; but sometimes, life is just hard.
You see, there is this opportunity that had come into Bryan and my life. This opportunity was going to change a lot of things and open a lot of doors for us. We had put a lot of effort into this opportunity and a lot of hope, and I mean A LOT.
Well yesterday we learned that the door to this opportunity was closed. Bryan informed me last night and to say the least, I was devestated. For those who know me, they know I don't cry very often. I do when i'm touched by the spirit and during Kodak and Disney commercials, but in real life situations where i'm supposed to cry...nothing. Well last night I broke down. Bryan's pillow had turned black from my running mascara. I felt like all doors have closed, my dreams that were so close had just been taken away and I failed to understand why.
I still don't understand why and I still want to break down, but after hours of thinking last night and lots and lots of praying i've come to the conclusion that I simply have to have faith. The lord does not close a door unless it's the wrong door and when he does he opens another. We simply have to find that other door. And even though I have come to this realization, it's still really hard to accept and i'm still slightly upset about this, but i'm trying. Life is amazing and a great blessing from our Heavenly Father, but just because it's a blessing that does not mean it won't be hard sometimes and the road won't be bumpy along the way. So hopefully this bump will lead us down a better path.
So for any friends and family out there who may read this, please keep us in your prayers. Thank you for all your love and support. Love you all.

3 comments:

The Grant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Grant Family said...

Sorry to hear about your rough patch. Hope things are getting better.

Brian and Becca said...

Well, even when times get tough its good to see you are hanging in there. Good luck!