Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Sign of Christmas

The lights at Temple Square are a tradition for most families. Well last year Bryan and I missed it, so the last time we were here together was 2 years ago when we were still dating, not even engaged. So here are a couple pics from our little adventure.


We tried to take this pic by ourselves, didn't work. Thank goodness for the hundreds of Sister Missionaries on Temple Square.


This tree was absolutely gorgeous. I told Bryan that I expect him to do our Christmas trees like this...you know when we have a yard....and trees.



I love that they put a mini nativity in the reflecting pool, and I especially love the floating lights. They make it seem slightly magical.



A very nice older woman took this picture for us. Told us that it better be our Christmas Card or she would be offended. She's going to be offended. Sorry. I also want to mention that there was practically a line to get your picture taken. Seriously thousands of people there. Crazy Mormons and their traditions.


We found Bryan's language on the bags

And finally a picture of the temple. Back in the day when I was a server, I would get a lot of tourists who would ask what to see, and of course I would say Temple Square. They asked where it was and what it looked like and I would always say "it's the building in the middle of town that looks like a castle". That's what i've always thought of when I see Temples in the middle of cities of peaking up over highways. It makes me thankful to know that I can go inside that "castle" anytime I want too.

Merry Christmas Everyone

1 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

You got some great shots of the temple they are gorgeous!!! Great lesson this last Sunday. I always love when you teach. You know a lesson is way good if I'm not sleeping hehehe.