Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Thoughts/Moments from Today

Random Moment 1) So I hop into an elevator over at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and it's about 11'o'clock and I haven't eaten since breakfast, i'm trying to hold off until lunch (bad idea for woman who is 33 weeks pregnant) and someone in the elevator smells like popcorn!! I was soo hungry and the smell was soo heavenly that it took all my power not to start rummaging through people's bags or licking someones fingers in search of salty popcorn residue.
PS I ate some fruit snacks as soon as I got back to my desk to prevent me from eating someones hand next trip in the elevator

Random Moment 2) I'm in the bathroom at work (if you don't like bathroom stories than stop reading now) and these 2 women come in at the same time. They both hop into their stalls and the normal sounds commence (go ahead and make them in your head). After the normal sound of a person going #1 stops there is dead silence. I'm listening to this dead silence while trying to pull up one of my 5 layers of maternity wear, and i'm trying not to laugh. You see the dead silence means that both women are not done with their business here and that both of them are waiting for some other noise loud enough to cover what they are about to do or they are waiting for people to leave. I think it's soo funny that we do this, we all have. You know what, there is a book out there called Everybody Poops, we should all read it and then enjoy our time in a public restroom. Just saying

Random Thought 3) So i'm having a baby shower on Jan 23rd, my 2 best friends are throwing this for me and I started thinking about the stuff I got from my other shower and started panicing. You see, we got a lot of clothes, A LOT of clothes. So much in fact that our baby is pretty much set for AT LEAST the first 3 months of his life and he is doing pretty well on the next 3 as well. So here is my thought, if you are coming to my baby shower in Jan please for the love of goodness DO NOT buy clothes for a baby that is 0-3 months old. Go ahead and buy in the bigger sizes, because I know asking women to not buy clothes for a baby is like having a mormon function without food, it's not going to happen. But please, buy them in bigger sizes, PLEASE!!!

Random Moment 4) This morning I put my nylons on, ALL BY MYSELF!!!! No help from Bryan!! This is HUGE! My reward? I bought myself a Caffeine Free Diet Coke, it's like freaking Christmas!!!

Final note- So people have been asking to see pics of my new hair (actually no one has asked that, I just tell myself that people have because I like to think other people are interested in my life other than just me), and I will post a pic as soon as I can take a picture of my face without it looking like i'm carrying this baby in my cheeks.

0 comments: