Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

i'm pathetic

I'm pretty sure that I have explained before that bending over is hard when you're pregnant. REALLY HARD. So hard in fact that Bryan puts on my socks and nylons for me, I dont' wear shoes that have ties on them, and if something is dropped on the floor then it stays there (trying to train the cats to pick it up and return it to me was a massive failure). So along with those other things I have been unable to shave my legs for a while, yes it's gross. Instead I wear really thick maternity tights to work and live in jammie pants. Poor Bryan. It has honestly been since before Christmas, sorry but these are just some of the realities of pregnancy.
So anyway, yesterday I decided it was time to make an attempt at feeling girly again, a chance to remind my husband that I am not utterly pathetic right now (he really doesn't think that, but he does laugh at me when I try to bend over and grab things). So anyway I hop in the tub and start the horrible task of bending over again and again and again. When your tummy is as big and rock hard as mine currently is it's like running a marathon, you have to take a deep breath and lunge over to reach your legs, do as much as you can then come back up for air.
Well this is how pathetic my life has become. I pulled a muslce!! I dont' know the name of this muscle I just know it is located over my right rib. I Molly K Watson pulled a muslce while trying to shave my freaking legs. Honestly? Who does that? How come no one warned me about this stuff? And how come no one has invented a razor with a super duper long handle for pregnant women so we don't walk around with man legs.
I told Bryan about this and interspersed between the laughing was moments of sympathy. Sad sad life. I am longing for the day when I can touch my toes and bend again. Oh sweet Feb 22nd you can't come soon enough.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember those days! You're right, they don't tell you about it! I pulled so many muscles in my belly... He really will be here before you know it. I always hated hearing people say that to me, but it's true. I did just about everything to try and get our little guy here sooner... The prego pizza is what finally did it for me (but don't do that too soon!)