Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Speaking of babies...

If you hadn't heard already, i'm pregnant.
We found out on June 19th. The weeks leading up that day, I had been feeling ridiculously tired, all I did was sleep. Working was hard, cooking was hard, it sucked. We had been trying to get pregnant since Nov of 08 so I didn't want to get my hopes up that I was pregnant but I couldn't help it. After I was about 4 days late I decided it was time to find out the truth.
I told Bryan I was leaving work early because I was tired, I mentioned in passing that I would pick up a pregnancy test but luckily he wasn't paying that much attention : ) So I left at noon, ran to Wally World and picked up the test. Went home and procrastinated, not wanting to find out just in case it was a false alarm (by this time I had peed on countless sticks that were negative) and went to work cleaning the house.
Finally I had the urge to pee and did the deed. Went into the other room and sat and waited. Weirdly enough, I wasn't that nervous, a part of me already knew I was pregnant so when I picked up the stick and read a positive diagnosis, I just sat down and cried. We had been trying and praying for so long and it was finally going to happen.
Now came the task of figuring out how to tell Bryan. Some people try to do super creative stuff or wait until they can go buy something, I was so anxious that I wanted to call him on the phone, don't worry I didn't. So how did I do it?
Well, Bryan and I have a mac and recently had discovered it's type and speak feature. We had experimented with funny things, nothing quite like hearing a robotic brittish voice make a joke about a squirrels sexuality : ) We had had kind of a competition to see who could write the funniest thing. So I decided to let the computer tell him and then I would show him the stick.
So Bryan gets home from work...finally...and goes into the bedroom to change, I follow him with the comp and the stick in my pocket. I tell him I have something really freaking funny from the computer to tell him so I bring it over and hit enter (I had already written it out) and in a robotic man's voice is reads "Bryan, you are going to be a Daddy". Bryan stopped and looked at me funny, then said "what?" So I hit enter again. He got it this time and I pulled out the stick. After a couple minutes of jumping and crying we finally settled down enough to talk about it. When do we tell people? Who do we call first? Can you make a Dr. Appointment right now?
Bryan was soo excited he just kept rubbing my tummy and still does today (i'm now at 17 weeks)
You see, Bryan has ALWAYS wanted to be a dad, he always finds little kids or babies and holds and plays with them. As for me, I have always wanted to be a mom, that's really it. I never wanted to be a Dr or Astronaut or even a Princess, I wanted to be a Mommy and now I have that chance.
We are ecstatic and can't wait for Feb. 22nd to be here. We find out Next Wed, Sep 23rd, what we are having then comes the fun of picking out a name. Good times.
So wish us luck and keep us in your prayers, trust us, we need them : )

0 comments: