Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Joys of Pregnancy?

So now that i'm 17 weeks along, I feel I can impart some of the joys and not so joyous parts of pregnancy. First off, let's begin with the story of what happened within the first 2 weeks of us finding out we were pregnant.
Friday-Found out we were Pregnant=happy day
Monday-had some fun cramps, call to make appointment, tells me cramps=bad and I need to have blood tests
Tues-blood test #1=Molly crying and freaking out
Wed-Informed my hormone count is low, i'm going to have a miscarriage, but just in case they want more blood tomorrow. Also find out i'm RH negative, which means I get to have a shot (basically this means that my blood thinks the baby is a disease or tumor and will try to kill it unless I get the shot)
Thurs-Blood test #2, plus shot in the BUTT!!! Yup, not the arm, the butt and holy crap did it hurt. Not going in but as soon as she started pushing that liquid in it did. For some reason I thanked her.
Fri-Hormones are up but your still going to miscarry, want more blood on Monday
Mon-Blood test #3, didn't cry had nice nurse who knew I was scared and talked to me the whole time
Tues-hormones are still going up, still going to miscarry but now we want to do an ultrasound
WTF!!!
Thurs-Ultrasound, found baby with beating healthy heart it's only about 1/4 of an inch long
Fri-Nurse calls surprised they found the baby, told me to still prepare for miscarriage

So now, 11 weeks later I have still not had a miscarriage. I have had 2 Dr appointments since then where we saw another ultrasound of the baby and found a strong heartbeat. Honestly I was mad at them for putting me through it, I wanted to run back in and say hahahahahaha, but then I thought that would be bad luck. So after all that crap, then came the normal symptoms

Tired-first trimester I took naps at work, went to bed at 9 and would fall asleep while watching TV
Smells-if I smelt anything that I wasn't craving in that minute I would start to gag
Morning Sickness-I only threw up twice, which is more then i've thrown up in 10 years, but still not bad for being pregnant
Cravings-I ate Cafe Rio salads like they were going out of style, poor Bryan was going to kill me

Honestly it hasn't been that bad, especially compared to some people I know. I wouldn't call it joyous, but it's not terribly unpleasant. Now I just have to come to terms with the fact that sucking in my tummy isn't going to work anymore. Trust me i've been trying.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Woah! You updated. Welcome back! And congrats, glad things are going well!

Unknown said...

i'm glad that things have ended up going ok, congratulations!

Raquel said...

What an emotional roller coaster! I'm glad everything turned out ok. And that's so exciting that tomorrow you find out what it is! We're starting to try to get preggers---it's fun and terrifying at the same time. =)

Nourishing Creations said...

congrats!