Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Super Mom Vanished

Yup, that didn't last long.
So we have been trying to get Caelum on a schedule, get him to sleep more during the day (he only sleeps about 4-5 hours right now and he needs 8) and longer and more at night (he sleeps for approx 6) well, he has learned to start fighting me when i'm trying to put him to sleep. That means screaming.
When we first brought Caelum home he was quiet and content and he would fall asleep right at 10:30 and though he was a loud sleeper he still slept. That's all gone now. Now he screams when I try to put him down to sleep and he screams in the middle of the day when I try to make him take a nap. I'm not going to lie, I usually cry right along with him, I just don't know what to do and how to get him to actually sleep. So right now life is a little harder than I thought it would be at this point. Wish us luck in these next couple months while we work with Caelum and while I try to deal with him crying through the night.

1 comments:

Loriann Jensen said...

Theres a great book called "Good Night, Sleep Tight" by the 'sleep lady' Kim West. Helped me with my bad sleepers. My advice (not that you need it)- make sure you're going on his schedule not yours. Good luck! Those first few months are rough on everybody- it does get better.