Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

I feel the spirit!!

So I have talked to a few people this year who simply do not feel in the Christmas spirit. Don't know what it is but apparently that is going around. My mom has a bad back and is trying to figure out a way to not drown the tree in presents this year so she simply isn't in the mood, my dad has had a rough couple months and his dad is in the hospital...again, so he doesn't want anything to do with the holiday and then there are still millions of people out of work who can't even afford Christmas this year.

Well, to all of them I say come and work in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where Christmas spirit is put in your hot chocolate in the mornings, hung from every desk, and can be heard from every bathroom stall, literally.


This is the Christmas tree in the middle of the JSMB where I work, I walk by in about a dozen times a day. I also walk through Temple Square at least twice a day which means I walk by lights and 6 different kinds of nativity scenes. Everyday at 1 and 2 I can literally hear High School choirs singing on every floor in this building, it particularly echos through the bathrooms (which is almost annoying when i'm trying to have a conversation with my mom while i'm going to the bathroom, you know you 've all done it : )) Also, everyday as I leave there is either a children's choir or some sort of instrumental performance going on. I have spent the last week wrapping Christmas CD's for important people around the world and have also scored tickets to not only the First Presidency Christmas Devotional but also the coveted Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert, I know, i'm a brat.

So to all of you that are not in the mood for Christmas, come visit me at my work, we will shove it down your throat, sing you a carol and then send you off with a wrapped Christmas CD or ticket to some random event you didn't even know existed. I just love the Holidays. Don't you?

0 comments: