Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Dad's Coming

So...Monday i'm sitting at work, facebook stalking as usual, when my dad calls. First off, let me say a call from my dad in the middle of a Monday is unusual. You see my dad does not believe in cell phones, he refused to own one. He hates to call from work because he's too busy, and he is never home because he is in plays and directs plays for the community. So he usually leaves at 6 in the morning, arrives home at 10 or 11 and calls once or twice a month to inform me that the cats have not eaten him or that he has not fallen down the stairs. So i'm a little confused as to why he is calling me. My first thought is 'did someone die' 'did he infact fall down the stairs and break a hip?'. So I answer and say hi, wonder what he's been up to. He then asks

"So...whatcha doing on Saturday"

"I don't know yet Dad. Why?"

"Well...I had an urge to come out and see you, so I will be there on Sat"

My dad lives in Wisconsin! And despite the fact that gas is over $4 a gallon, he got the "urge" to drive out to Utah. A 20 hour drive that he plans to drive straight through.



So first off, here is a picture of my dad, for those of you who have never met him. This picture pretty much sums him up. So as I mentioned before, my dad does not believe in Cell phones and does not plan on stopping anywhere to sleep. And if you have ever driven i-80 you know it's boring, long, and if something happens to you in the middle of Wyoming, your screwed!!!!

I told him if he does not arrive by Sat @6 that i'm having him pronounced dead and collecting the insurance money.So to sum it up...keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that my dad arrives safely. As nice as that insurance money would be, I might feel too guilty to spend it.

3 comments:

Nik English said...

lol at first I thought you ment....KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED that he does not make it....so i can collect on the insurance money!

Spencer S. said...

At this point your dad should be here. I hope he arrived safe and intact. Maybe one day he will bow down to the cellphone gods.

The Grant Family said...

Hope Woody made it safe and sound to good ole' Utah. Maybe he listened to some show tunes on that long boring drive. We missed his chorister enthusiasm today in sacrament.

Ps. confession- I'm a blog/facebook stalker too. ;)