Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Now showing Molly Watson's life in Theatre #2

So my friend Jodi wrote a post a couple weeks ago with a list, well #4 on that list said that she narrates her life in her head. I thought that was funny because I do something very similar.

You see, I have always pictured Judgement day (when we all die and God is juding our lives) as a big movie premier. You sit in a theatre with people who played a big part in your lives and your life comes up on a big movie screen, and someone is up there pointing out the places that you made mistakes..ex. "you see Molly, right here you dropped the F-Bomb, that's a deduction of 10 points"
So because our life is a movie, I picture these little invisible cameras floating around me at all times. So rather than narrating my life in my head, I used to do it outloud, to the "cameras". When I would dance in front of my mirror in my bedroom, I would explain why I was doing it to the "camera" so that the people who are watching my life on judgement day don't think i'm crazy.
I still catch myself doing it every once in a while, usually while i'm driving. It's almost theraputic, at the end of my day i'm driving home and describing my day to imaginary cameras. You should all try it one day.
So does anyone else do anything crazy like that, or am I the only one?

4 comments:

Aubree said...

You're the only one!

anseliz said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! Ok, so I can't say that I've actually done EXACTLY this same thing, but I've definitely gone through the same exact thought process of the whole life after death "movie" scenario. I don't know that I've ever made any formal announcements out loud to the audience though...hmmm, maybe I'll have to try that...It couldn't hurt, right?

Unknown said...

Molly, I have done and still do the same thing. Except I would pretend I was on a talk show and everyone out there wanted to know the nitty gritty details of my life. I still do it. And when I was younger, I did think there were cameras everywhere. That's probably why I'm such a drama queen!

Kelly said...

Hey, Molly, my mom showed me the link to your blog. WAY cool! I keep telling people that I have gotten to know my cousins through the wonderful world of the world wide web.