Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Awkward Moments From Yesterday

Awkward #1
So everyday I have the pleasure of walking through Temple Square, multiple times. And every Tues through Friday I get to see people taking wedding pictures. Now I understand that up to 30 couples get married there a day, and that you can only do soo many original pictures, that people are running out of ideas. But this was ridiculous. I couldn't explains so I drew you a picture instead.

Yes, he was down on his knees, she was standing up with her foot on his upper leg and he had both his hands on her thigh!!! The best part was when the photographer said "now look at each other sexily" OH MY GOSH!!! I was trying not to laugh at them on the spot. That would have been rude. So instead I make fun of them on my blog.

I really do understand that everyone wants to be original when taking pics at the Salt Lake temple, but honestly everyone gets married there, so just stick with what works and don't try anything to crazy, especially cause now you know people like me are walking by and judging you. (by the way, I don't mean anything bad by saying, everyone gets married there. If my parents hadn't been married there and then 14 years later divorced I might have considered it too)

Awkward #2

Watching a child start drinking out of the reflecting pond for a good minute while the parents are talking to some friends. This kid seriously had his entire face stuck in that water and was drinking like he would shrivel up if he didn't drink it all right then and there. Then he would take his head our for a minute to get a breath and dive back in. Finally the Mom noticed what was going on, but did she run over and pull him out, ohh goodness no. Instead she just yelled "Peyton, stop that" in a nice polite voice, like the kid is actually going to listen. So finally after about a minute of politely asking, the Dad gets annoyed and pulls the kid out. At that point, Peyton starts to scream and tries to run back to the water. The mom came over and tried to console the child but instead he kicked at her and ran back. At that point I was trying so hard not to laugh I moved on.

Can I just say I have 2 huge pet peeves about parenting. 1)parents that threaten and never follow through, i'm sorry but your kid is going to walk all over you and i'm not going to feel bad about it. and 2) parents that think politely asking your child to stop eating that piece of dog poo they just picked off the ground is going to work. Ohh my goodness, you yell no, run and grab it away from the child and then explain to them with a stern voice that that is disgusting and they should never do it again. Honestly, politeness doesn't work when your a parent.

Awkward #3

this isn't as funny. So I was walking from my car to the grocery store after work yesterday, which was extremely windy. I'm trying to keep my skirt down (you have to wear a skirt everyday when you work for the church) and was pretty unsuccessful. Finally a big gust of wind swoops in and...oops there goes my skirt, flashing my goods to everyone. Luckily people tried to not notice that they just saw what I wear under my clothes, but I know they were all laughing at me in their heads. Heck, that's what I would have done.

2 comments:

Aaron and KJ said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again!!

Komadori said...

I told my photographer right up front that my veil was not going over Mike and I as we look longingly into each others faces. That works for some people, but not for me--I think it's too cheezy. The shot you described was way worse. I did get a chuckle, though, trying to imagine how they will explain that particular shot when their kids are going through the wedding album!